Monday, December 8, 2008

Remembering the Christ in Christmas

Here is a list of my favorite traditional Christmas recordings that talk about the birth of Christ.

I wish Playlist had renditions of Hangnail's version of O Little Town of Bethlehem and Flight 180's O Come All Ye Faithful, so I can share them with you. Both are contemporary Christian bands that do nontraditional version that, as Nikolas would say offer "hot air guitar" riffs.

O Little Town of Bethlehem by Hangnail
Joy to the World by The OC Supertones
Silent Night by Charlotte Church
Children Go Where I Send Thee by Natalie Merchant
What Child Is This? by Vanessa Williams
O Come All Ye Faithful by Flight 180
Do You Hear What I Hear? by Gladys Knight and the Pips
O Holy Night by Jerry Butler
We Three Kings by Beach Boys
Angles We Have Heard On High by Point of Grace
Away in the Manger by Nat King Cole
Go Tell It on the Mountain by Morris Chapman
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
Hark! The Herald Angles Sing by Jewel
I Wonder as I Wander by Harry Connick, Jr.
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear by Anne Murray
Mary’s Boy Child by Harry Belafonte
Sweet Little Jesus Boy by Anne Murray
The First Noel by FFH

No comments: