Sunday, December 14, 2008

8 months til WDW! We finally booked our trip!

It's official! We're going to Walt Disney World in 8 months! The local school district announced the 2009 school schedule so I was able to book our trip. We will be at WDW for 8 days right before school starts in August celebrating my 40th birthday (a little early).

While I impatiently wait for August to arrive, I'm continuing to share scrapbook pages I made from our trip in October 2006. One of the highlights of that trip was attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. Here we are in costume:We attended the party was on our anniversary, so I made sure the photographer took pictures of just the two of us. I also included the Happy Anniversary pin they gave us on the layout.

The party included a special parade and fireworks, plus trick-or-treating throughout the park and special meet-and-greets with characters like Alice in Wonderland and Captain Hook.

My favorite part was the Boo to You Parade, which has a great theme song and kicks off with the headless horseman trotting down the road. All the characters are in costume and they were lots of villains, ghost pirates and Haunted Mansion specters.

No comments: