Thursday, January 31, 2008

Resolution Update-(1 month)

Here is a report of my progress (or lack there of) on the four resolutions I have for 2008:

I resolve to take more pictures! Although my camera has been staying in my purse, I only took three pictures in January, the pictures of my Disney Vacation Fund pail to post on this blog. A truly sad start.

I resolve to read the Bible in a year. Since I have read through the Bible before, I knew how easy it could be to get behind on the daily schedule. I started off 2008 with a week of readings already read. That ended up being a very good thing because that first week of January I was so sick that I missed several days’ readings. I am now only one day ahead, so my goal for February is to read two reading at least four times, so I can get ahead again.

I resolve to read 12 Newbery Medal winners this year. In January I read the 2007 Newbery winner, The Higher Power of Lucky. I am on track to reading twelve for the year. My next selection will be the winner for 2006, Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins. I plan to begin reading that as soon as I finish my freelance reading assignment.

I resolve to lose 20 pounds. As of today, I have actually gained 2 pounds since the start of 2008. There are many factors (excuses) I can blame: being sick two times this month, having a sick car, caring for a sick son, Gary bringing home tons of girl scout cookies…

I did attempt to exercise a couple of times. The day after I did an “On Demand” abdominal workout I could hardly get myself to an upright postion out of bed the next morning. How sad is that? Another bad start, but one I plan to work on.

No comments: