Thursday, January 17, 2008

Layout of the Day

No birthday celebration for my animal lover son would be complete without a trip to the zoo. He got to pick out whatever he wanted from the giftshop (he got a book). Since we've been zoo members, I have enjoyed how there always seems to be something new to experience. Highlights of this trip include:

*Hearing the lion roar--did you know that male lions normally sleep about 20 hours a day?

*Seeing the two baby tiger cubs. They were very playful with each other and there mom. It was so sad to discover weeks later that one of the cubs died and the other was injured after getting a bit to playful with daddy tiger off exhibit.

*Watching the brown bear do "laps" in his pool. He would back float one way and then "craw" back to the side.

*Having Nik's grandma experience it all with us.



I used an assortment of letter stamp styles for my title: Lions, Tigers, Bears and Grandma, Oh My!

No comments: