Thursday, November 27, 2008

Kicking off the Christmas Season

Truth be told, I have been listening to Christmas music on the radio for a couple of weeks now, but today marks the official kick-off of the Holiday season.

Last year I shared my favorites Christmas CDs from my collection of over 220 titles (see my archives). This year through out the season I will be sharing some of my favorite songs by style (traditional, religious, children's, rock...). I got some of the songs playing on my playlist, but not necessarily my preferred artist rendition.

How about starting with some Swingin' Christmas tunes?

Mistletoe and Holly by Jack Jones
Christmas Holiday by Andy Williams
(Everybody’s Waiting for) the Man with the Bag by Kay Starr
A Marshmallow World by Brenda Lee
Boogie Woogie Santa Claus by Patti Page
Cool Yule by Louis Armstrong
Dig That Crazy Santa Claus by Ralph Marterie
This Time of Year by Brook Benton
Christmas Is by Lou Rawls
Christmas Island by Bob Atcher
Christmastime is Here by Vince Guaraldi Trio
(It Must Have Been Ol’) Santa Claus by Harry Connick Jr.
Mele Kalikimaka by Chris Isaak
The Magic of Christmas Day (God Bless Us Everyone) by Celine Dion & Rosie O’Donnell
Santa Claus Wants Some Lovin’ by Tinsley Ellis
Santa’s Got a Brand New Bag by Gary Walker
The Christmas Twist by Syd Straw
Give Love On Christmas Day by the Jackson 5

No comments: