Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Resolution Update--Back on Track, Sort Of

I did some work in August to fix two of my resolutions that got way off track this summer. Here is an update:

I resolve to take more pictures! I did take a number of pictures in August, but this resolution is too vague to really see progress on.

I resolve to read the Bible in a year. I am happy to report that as of yesterday, I am caught up with my readings.

I resolve to read 12 Newbery Medal winners this year. I read two Newbery winners in August (to make up for the one I missed in June). I read A Single Shard and A Year Down Yonder. I enjoyed them both. My next selection will be Bud, Not Buddy. I have decided that in 2009, I will make a resolution to read 12 "classic" children books, suchs as The Jungle Book and The Secret Garden.

I resolve to lose 20 pounds. As of today, I am 3 pounds lighter than I was at the start of 2008. I hope now that school is back in session, I can get into the habit of exercising either before Nikolas gets up or while he is in Kindergarten. Not super progress, but still better than a gain.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Well glad to hear your back on track, sort of.
It is hard to keep resolutions.