Sunday, July 13, 2008

Week in Review 7/6/08-7/12/08 (no pictures)

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures this week, but decide I would still do a short update. On Monday, Nik started his second session of swim lessons this summer. We really debated about whether to continue since he was flat-out refusing to jump in the pool or put his head under. I finally decide to let him continue and prayed for the best. Well, my prayers were answered by a daughter of one of Gary's friends from church. This young lady has been giving swim lessons for a while and since she knew Nikolas, had no problem prodding him a little. He wasn't too happy about it at first, but a little tough love was definitely in order. We will have to see how he does for the rest of the session, as she has to move on to the advanced classes this week.

Wednesday was our church mom's group meeting. We met at a cool new playground in the area. Nik got to play with the other kids while the moms talked about mother guilt.

In the afternoon, Nik and I headed to the doctor's office. Nikolas had his kindergarten check-up (and three shots). I asked the doctor about the heel pain I have been having. He diagnosed it as Plantar Fasciitis. He advised me to get a heel cup and gave me some exercises and stretches to do.

After swimming on Thursday, we met our neighbors at the weekly free movie offered at the local theater. This weeks selection was Surf's Up. Nikolas said he really didn't care for it. I thought it was fair considering it wasn't from Disney. LOL

Friday night, my sister and I went to Archivers to scrapbook. I got about halfway done with the mini book of Nik's tee-ball season. I finished the rest of it on Saturday before I left for work that night.

No comments: