Saturday, July 26, 2008

June 2008-The month that derailed my resolutions

I'm learning that for me, summer is not a good time to keep resolutions. The month of June started and I really got sidetracked on my goals. Here is an update:

I resolve to take more pictures! This one is really hard to measure. You can see by my recent weekly updates that one week I will take a lot of pictures--the next week I don't take one. I have been keeping my camera in my purse, so it is with me if the mood strikes.

I resolve to read the Bible in a year. I have read up to the June 28th reading, so I am almost officially a month behind. It is going to take a marathon session of multiple reading each day to get me back on schedule to finish by the end of the year.

I resolve to read 12 Newbery Medal winners this year. I didn't read a selection in June, but just finished my 6th: Crispin: The Cross of Lead by Avi.

I resolve to lose 20 pounds. I just weighed myself and am down two pounds from my starting weight for 2008. Kind of disappointing, but it could be worse...I could be over my starting weight.

Our Summer schedule is just a hard time to keep disciplined. I have even let the housework slide. Hopefully, I will be able to get back on track once the school year starts in a month.

No comments: