Monday, October 26, 2009

Scrapbooking Weekend Retreat

This past weekend, my sister and I went to The Paper Doll House in Sycamore, IL. The Paper Doll House is a scrapbooking retreat that is hosted in a Victorian House.

I packed way more stuff then I needed—just in case.



We arrived at the house Friday afternoon



and was shown to our room.



I worked on layouts from our Walt Disney World trip most of the weekend.



On Friday night we had this yummy mousse for dessert.



We took a break from scrapping on Saturday to visit some of the events going on as part of Sycamore’s annual pumpkin fest. We enjoyed a craft show and viewing some of the decorated pumpkins on the courthouse lawn.

This year’s theme was Pumpkin Safari



The lawn was filled with pumpkins decorated by both kids and adults.





After a Chinese themed dinner that night, our dessert was a seasonal pumpkin treat.



An elegant Sunday brunch was served on our last day (fancy hat included).



These eggs were divine!



Overall, it was a fantastic weekend. My only complaint was that the scrap area seemed a little cluttered, which took away the sense of peace I might have experienced on my getaway. Because I am such a light sleeper, I came back home really tired. Our room was at the top of the stairs and the noise of late-night scrappers kept me up until the wee hours of the night.

My sister and I had a lot of fun speculating about how we would run a scrapbooking retreat house of our own. It doesn’t hurt to dream.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i love your post raelynn....looks fun...