Sunday, August 31, 2008

Flashback Friday-Better Late than Never (birthday edtion)

So, my hard drive bit the dust hours after I posted my first Flashback Friday. I lost EVERYTHING!!! Let this be a warning to all you PC people out there....back up your stuff. I don't even have Garamond loaded yet, so this isn't even in the right font. Grrr!

My 39th birthday is this weekend, so I thought I would post some past birthday pictures. Here I am around my first birthday in 1970.

This is back in 1990, celebrating my 21st birthday in downtown Chicago. These pictures were taken at the hotel we stayed in. Here I am with my good friend Jennifer, who I still see but not often enough. Our sons were born exactly one month apart and have become buddies.

Here I am with my friend, Ann. I haven't seen her in a long time, which is sad.

That night we went out to dinner. I don't remember the name of the place, but it was in the same building as Dick's Last Resort, which was our second stop. Dick's is such a classy place...they gave me a bottle of Mad Dog to celebrate. Our next stop was Excalibur nightclub. They gave us a bottle of champagne and in my drunken state I broke my champagne flute while dancing. I still have the empty bottle and the bottom of the glass as a souvenir of this good time.

No comments: