Monday, March 3, 2008

Resolution Update

Here is another update on my progress on the four resolutions I have for 2008:

I resolve to take more pictures! I did take more pictures in February then I did in January. They include photos from an outing with another couple, snowman pictures, Nik’s Valentines party at school and some of his swimming lessons. This is a good thing because I just planned a crop night with my sister so I will have stuff to scrapbook. I just have to get them developed.

I resolve to read the Bible in a year. I have kept up with the daily readings and am currently four days ahead of the schedule. I would like to be a full week ahead to prepare for the next illness or distraction that may put me behind.

I resolve to read 12 Newbery Medal winners this year. I just finished Criss Cross by Lynne Rae Perkins. As I mentioned in the previous post, the selections I have made so far have been unimpressive and I plan to read one more this month and decide if I want to continue. If I decide to bail on Newbery, I will probably continue with classic children literature. I also watched the movie Holes this month, which is based on a Newbery book. It just happened to be playing on Toon Disney last weekend and I had time to sit down and watch it—it was a interesting story.

I resolve to lose 20 pounds. Thankfully, I was able to lose the 2 pounds I gained in January. I have only exercise a couple of times this past month. I got on my Disney dance pad a few times and did a Denise Austin workout while Nik was at school. Hopefully, the warmer weather will help motivate me to get moving.

No comments: